Friday, January 18, 2013

California Cool

To set off the middle of winter, post-holiday blues, I thought I'd welcome the sunshine with some interiors.  Perhaps it's because I've lived in California the past 7 years, or that I love the beach, the beach lifestyle and white and linen fabrics, but I really love the California Cool style.  What is that exactly? Well, it's a mixture of things.  It makes you feel good and happy; it's bright and welcoming and homey (not pretentious); it's linen and natural materials; it's boho-chic; it's eclectic; it's rustic; it's nautical (but not in a coastal-living kind of way).  In any case I love it, and I love to channel it in decorating.  For a bit of inspiration and sunshine enjoy these California Cool living spaces!












Meanwhile, some sunshine is coming my way as I'm getting to enjoy a Girl's Weekend in NYC for the big 3-0 (don't make me say it).  I'm in denial, but trying to embrace it all at the same time (after all, I do have 2 kids and have been married 7 1/2 years, so I should probably be in my 30s by now).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...