Friday, November 16, 2012

Chartreuse & Co.

The kids and I decided to head down a bit early to MD to relax and explore a bit before the Thanksgiving Holiday.  Selfishly, I wanted to get down here for the amazing Chartreuse & Co. weekend tag sale.  They are an AMAZING antique hub with great stuff and great prices.  It is about 3 large barns/homes full of great stuff.  Lots of it already refinished but some not.  And definitely better prices than anything I've seen in the New York area. I seriously have dreams about their stuff.  I have a problem.


This time didn't disappoint.  However, I had both kids with just me so I couldn't look and ponder as much as I'd like.  Regardless it's always worth it.  Here are a few things that caught my eye:

I went back to buy this as a coffee table and future mudroom bench....but for $60 it already got snatched up. I'm so bummed!!

Old school house bench.  Great accent and useful extra seating

Loved this.  Would work as a buffet or a media console. 

A small corner of the lovelies

Thought this was clever... but too pricey.  Would be cute as a craft room light.

Unfortunately I left empty handed. Waa, waa.  Better luck next time! Have you had any luck with flea market, antique stores, or garage sales?




1 comment:

  1. Hey Brittany! I totally have the same problem. I dream about going to antique places and finding really cool furniture pieces also. This place looks cool...sometime I'll have to check it out. You should definitely go up to Amish Country in PA. They have some amazing Barn sales! Just drive all around on a Saturday afternoon and you can find some really beautiful things. The whole Barn is on sale! We bought one of our most favorite quilts there made in the 1930-1940s. Cool fabrics, fun furniture, etc. A great getaway place!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...