Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Living Room


Living in student housing is definitely not the most glamorous place to live! Not to mention living on a student budget. But, it is my home. So over the next few posts, I am going to share some of that space with you. Today I'm presenting my family room. It's where we hang out the most. We were going to get ride of the love seat and add a chair....but we found that we really use that extra seating. That'll be one of the first projects once my husband completes his MBA and we move into a new place. This room is filled with simple modern design, bold and graphic patterns, personal photos, kid-friendly space and items, all with a touch of glam.
We have had the sofas and side table pretty much since we were first married. Other things in the room have been rotated in and out.
I have been slowly fading out of browns and warm colors, and into black and white and yellow. The lamp was from Z gallerie and was originally bronze with a brown shade. I spray painted the base in a high-gloss white, added some inexpensive white fabric and black ribbon for trim.
The rug and throw are from Ikea. My friend helped me make the chevron pillow and thomas paul canary pillow ( I bought the fabric but am still lacking a sewing machine). The black and white pillow I bought off etsy.

My amazingly talented brother in law made the painting for me one year as a Christmas present....and it is pretty much the inspiration for the room. The butterfly print is from etsy.

As always, it is a work in progress :)

1 comment:

  1. Definitely doesn't look like student housing! You've done a beautiful job Britt. Love how you changed it up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...