Sunday, November 2, 2014

TV dilemnas

If you are like me, you have a love/hate relationship with that big sleek rectangle.  Though they are much more appealing to the eye than the older box versions, they just seem to be getting bigger.  I love my TV- I love my time when the kids are in bed and I can nestle up and watch my shows; but I really hate having it be the focal point of the room.

A lot of homes do not have a formal living room, but instead have a great room or a family room.  So that room needs to accommodate for good conservational seating areas as well as a few good TV watching spots.  As you flip through design magazines or professional photos online, a lot of designers will take out the TV or photograph the room minus the TV wall.  But we all know it's there, or will be put back.

When decorating other homes, I try to distract from the TV by placing it a bit off-center, placing artful objects or books next to it, hang an art collage around it, or even place it in a cabinet with doors.  Like I said, your only option may be 'above the mantle' or smack dab on that one perfect wall, but there are a few tricks you can do to distract the eye and make your TV placement a bit more tasteful.


Wall Gallery/collage around the wall-mounted TV
The TV blends into the gallery

Hidden TV in console.  Conveniently out of sight in a decorative piece of furniture.

Books place around the TV for decorative touches, as well as stools stored underneath console. Practical and stylish.

Notice the TV peeking out on the left.  I'm sure there is a sofa directly facing it, but y placing a chair directly next to the TV, it distracts from it and adds a more rounded conversational seating area. 


With Love, 
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...