Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall Mantle

It's officially fall around here!  We took a drive a bit north on Sunday and the trees were exploding with color! I just love everything there is about fall.....food, smells, cozy clothes, candles, and of course decorating for a new season.  I don't share a ton of family photos on this blog, but I am just loving these...they scream fall to me!

My oldest son, Jack

My younger son, Teddy

I wanted to change up my mantle in a very simple way...not too themey....not too holiday-oriented....and of course pocket-friendly.


All I did was make a paper garland (that I should be able to use though the winter), collected some acorns and pine cones with the kids and put them in jars, and added a few small pumpkins.  Simple.




The circle garland was pretty simple and quick.  I punched out circles the glued them to a ribbon. I had attempted to sew them, as many people do, but that just wasn't working for me.  So I resorted to glueing and think it still turned out okay :)


So there you have it, my simple fall mantle.  Here are a few other mantles to get you inspired for the season.....ENJOY!








1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...