Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Trunks


I think you all know (anyone out there???) that I have an affinity for trunks.  A while back I was on the hunt for one and my Mom found one at an antique shop. I had her buy it without even seeing it, and now it is a storage chest for dress up clothes in my oldest son's room.

Well today me and the kids were driving to the gym (finally!) and we passed a junk pile on a neighbor's corner.  I stopped because I'm still looking to fill my house with more, and saw this:



It's perfect and it was free!!!  The inside doesn't smell at all and is in great vintage shape.  My kids first thought I stole it, but then I explained that I'm just taking some else's trash.  Hm.  Still sounds weird.  But people around here just stick stuff they don't want anymore at the end of their driveway for trash pick-up.  Anyways, I'm psyched.  I've considered adding casters to make a coffee table, stacking smaller ones onto to make a nightstand, or placing it under a console table with blanket storage....aka adding some junk in my trunk  (I couldn't resist).  In any case I love my new treasured find and wanted to leave you with some trunk inspiration.

Coffee table: interesting conversational piece and excellent storage!


Love the side table look.  This one propped a tray onto for functionality

Rather than storage boxes or baskets, use suitcases

Foot of a bed for a more masculine look

Side table

Entry way console substitute




4 comments:

  1. I'm here, Brit! :) I love reading your blog. And score on the chest!! That's so awesome. I love those kids of awesome finds. And you really need to post pics of your place!! I love your hardwood floors!! Hope you guys are doing well! xoxo, Laci

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is the black trunk with the nail heads? Great post - never thought of so many uses for old trunks!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SUCH a good find...I think I'm going to be sick with jealousy. I seriously have day dreams about things like that:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great find! You have the eye! And it looks fantastic in your home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...