This time of year is always a time where we open our homes to friends and family. That means it is time to prep your guest room. Amidst the chaos of decorating, holiday shopping, parties, and kids' school activities our to-do lists are overflowing. So, I wanted to make it easy for you to prep the perfect guest room to suit all of your guests needs.
1. Clean and inviting bedding with plenty of pillows:
2. A bedside Carafe: you don't want house guests roaming the house in the middle of the night only to find you roaming your house in your underwear.
3. Nightstand Reading: extra magazines, coffee table books, etc....
4. fresh towels and washcloths.
5. A toiletry basket: This is my favorite and one I always have on hand. Use an old or new gift basket and fill it with travel-size toiletries such as tooth paste and tooth brush, shampoo and conditioner, lotion, bandaids, mini sewing kit, tylenol, tide to go pen, antibacterial soap, q-tip, kleenex, etc...
6. Fresh Flowers: besides making the space smell fragrant it shows you've gone the extra mile.
7. Well-stocked guest favorite snacks: they will really appreciate the opportunity to snack at their leisure especially when travelling and are off-schedule (and you'll be glad to avoid any hungry grumpy people).
You are sure to be the star host if you follow these guest room prep ideas! (or perhaps you don't want to be the star host if you don't want a revolving door)